Value City Furniture - Value City Warranty Sucks
You are the author of this review
I purchased a dinning room table in 2005 from Value City Furniture Sucks and also purchased the warranty.At the time of the purchase I had a new born baby and the salesman said the warranty would be perfect for her in the house.
Within a year he was right she put a few nicks in the table and we called Value City Furniture Sucks and had the table "repaired". First you call and they make an appointment 2 weeks out, then someone comes to your house and looks at the table. After a week you have to call them, some customer service, and schedule the furniture to be picked up, another 2 weeks. Then they take it and it's gone for 2-4 weeks before you again have to continuously call and get them to fix it.
We finally made it through this process and within 3-4 months the repairs started to chip, not user error, however workmanship issues. So I had to go throught the whole process again, taking over a month to do the whole process again. This time the table came back in two colors. Mind you the original table was one color (white), this time it was yellow and white.
I guess they didn't believe me when I wanted it returned and repaired and they went through only a 3 week process this time. Finally it was done and I was ready to go when only again their repairs did not warrant any applause as it started to crack like an egg again. So here we go again. I'm in my fourth week of the process again right now.
I was told this time that I could choose to have it fixed again or replaced, however they don't make this table any more so I would have to get either a new one or one that was damaged and they would fix it. There are multiple problems to these "solutions" 1) They acknowledge that they can't fix it, but they will do it again 2) I can exchange my damaged furniture for another damaged piece of furniture or 3) I can get a new table but have to purchase new chairs to match the table, oh yeah and a new hutch and buffet.
So as you can see Value City Furniture does suck in that they do *** repairs, have poor customer service, and the warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. They tried to make me happy by giving me a $50 gift certificate, but they weren't too happy when I wiped my *** with it and left it in their store.
The sad part about this whole story is that the same year I originally called for the repair I recommended to a friend who had their house burn down, that they go there for their furniture and they did and purchased furniture for every room in their entire house from Value City Furniture Sucks.So this is the thanks I get for the referreal of an extremely large purchase.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Bought brand new front loader washing machine 6 years ago. All of the sudden, tumbler lock in place and would not turn. Took machine apart and found that a piece..."
- "The picture says it all. I live in Baltimore. What is it even doing in NJ now? It had an expected delivery date of Feb. 6th. It isn't crazy important,..."
- "I received Valentine flowers today from Proflowers. They're rotten and wilted with a huge bug in the box it's very disappointing. My husband ordered roses and we got..."
- "Another of, literally dozens of appeals and writs filed by McMillan-Law-Firm in La Mesa, Scott McMillan and Michelle Volk, where the Court of Appeal DENIED the petition after forcing the..."