I purchased a dinning room table in 2005 from Value City Furniture Sucks and also purchased the warranty.At the time of the purchase I had a new born baby and the salesman said the warranty would be perfect for her in the house.
Within a year he was right she put a few nicks in the table and we called Value City Furniture Sucks and had the table "repaired". First you call and they make an appointment 2 weeks out, then someone comes to your house and looks at the table. After a week you have to call them, some customer service, and schedule the furniture to be picked up, another 2 weeks. Then they take it and it's gone for 2-4 weeks before you again have to continuously call and get them to fix it.
We finally made it through this process and within 3-4 months the repairs started to chip, not user error, however workmanship issues. So I had to go throught the whole process again, taking over a month to do the whole process again. This time the table came back in two colors. Mind you the original table was one color (white), this time it was yellow and white.
I guess they didn't believe me when I wanted it returned and repaired and they went through only a 3 week process this time. Finally it was done and I was ready to go when only again their repairs did not warrant any applause as it started to crack like an egg again. So here we go again. I'm in my fourth week of the process again right now.
I was told this time that I could choose to have it fixed again or replaced, however they don't make this table any more so I would have to get either a new one or one that was damaged and they would fix it. There are multiple problems to these "solutions" 1) They acknowledge that they can't fix it, but they will do it again 2) I can exchange my damaged furniture for another damaged piece of furniture or 3) I can get a new table but have to purchase new chairs to match the table, oh yeah and a new hutch and buffet.
So as you can see Value City Furniture does suck in that they do *** repairs, have poor customer service, and the warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. They tried to make me happy by giving me a $50 gift certificate, but they weren't too happy when I wiped my *** with it and left it in their store.
The sad part about this whole story is that the same year I originally called for the repair I recommended to a friend who had their house burn down, that they go there for their furniture and they did and purchased furniture for every room in their entire house from Value City Furniture Sucks.So this is the thanks I get for the referreal of an extremely large purchase.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Dinning Room Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "Dear friends I am Damber. I have bought three beds from one of the vcf store. I bought the king size headboard foot-board and the mattress(complete bed). When I had the..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "Bought brand new front loader washing machine 6 years ago. All of the sudden, tumbler lock in place and would not turn. Took machine apart and found that a piece..."
- "Door Dash made changes to their app due to ethical issues with the pricing. they were jacking up the prices of each item you selected. now they are separating these..."
- "In June of 2016 I purchased a 2015 Nissan Altima from Enterprise car sales in Longbeach, ca. A few weeks later I noticed a smokey mist coming out the cent..."
- "My name is Janet Faust. I am the crossdressing owner of relatetothat.com. we welcome and encourage all crossdressing homos like me to join my site. I do love..."