Value City Furniture - Value City Warranty Sucks
I purchased a dinning room table in 2005 from Value City Furniture Sucks and also purchased the warranty.At the time of the purchase I had a new born baby and the salesman said the warranty would be perfect for her in the house.
Within a year he was right she put a few nicks in the table and we called Value City Furniture Sucks and had the table "repaired". First you call and they make an appointment 2 weeks out, then someone comes to your house and looks at the table. After a week you have to call them, some customer service, and schedule the furniture to be picked up, another 2 weeks. Then they take it and it's gone for 2-4 weeks before you again have to continuously call and get them to fix it.
We finally made it through this process and within 3-4 months the repairs started to chip, not user error, however workmanship issues. So I had to go throught the whole process again, taking over a month to do the whole process again. This time the table came back in two colors. Mind you the original table was one color (white), this time it was yellow and white.
I guess they didn't believe me when I wanted it returned and repaired and they went through only a 3 week process this time. Finally it was done and I was ready to go when only again their repairs did not warrant any applause as it started to crack like an egg again. So here we go again. I'm in my fourth week of the process again right now.
I was told this time that I could choose to have it fixed again or replaced, however they don't make this table any more so I would have to get either a new one or one that was damaged and they would fix it. There are multiple problems to these "solutions" 1) They acknowledge that they can't fix it, but they will do it again 2) I can exchange my damaged furniture for another damaged piece of furniture or 3) I can get a new table but have to purchase new chairs to match the table, oh yeah and a new hutch and buffet.
So as you can see Value City Furniture does suck in that they do *** repairs, have poor customer service, and the warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. They tried to make me happy by giving me a $50 gift certificate, but they weren't too happy when I wiped my *** with it and left it in their store.
The sad part about this whole story is that the same year I originally called for the repair I recommended to a friend who had their house burn down, that they go there for their furniture and they did and purchased furniture for every room in their entire house from Value City Furniture Sucks.So this is the thanks I get for the referreal of an extremely large purchase.105d08df review #168191
You may also like
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "We recently bought a floor model Liberty Sectional from Furniture Row after watching it for several months. It finally went on sale and we went to the store only to..."
- "I started using WEN about six months ago. At first I was skeptical, but after using it for a week I fell in love with the product and how it..."
- "I grew my hair out for 6 months as to where i could get a plain short stacked bob. My hair was all one length and a little past the..."
- "LAZADA RETURN POLICY SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! I have placed an order thru lazada on feb 10. They have sent confirmation on the same day. I find it funny that they were..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "THE QUANTUM II SECTIONAL IS COLORED WITH PAINT, NOT DYE OR STAIN!!! We purchased the Quantum II sectional from Bob's 18 months ago. A little over 1 year..."
- "I found a lady on craigslist with husky pups -free, we texted and emailed. After she found out where I lived (nj) she said she lived in Seatle Washington, she..."