Value City Furniture - Value City Warranty Sucks
I purchased a dinning room table in 2005 from Value City Furniture Sucks and also purchased the warranty.At the time of the purchase I had a new born baby and the salesman said the warranty would be perfect for her in the house.
Within a year he was right she put a few nicks in the table and we called Value City Furniture Sucks and had the table "repaired". First you call and they make an appointment 2 weeks out, then someone comes to your house and looks at the table. After a week you have to call them, some customer service, and schedule the furniture to be picked up, another 2 weeks. Then they take it and it's gone for 2-4 weeks before you again have to continuously call and get them to fix it.
We finally made it through this process and within 3-4 months the repairs started to chip, not user error, however workmanship issues. So I had to go throught the whole process again, taking over a month to do the whole process again. This time the table came back in two colors. Mind you the original table was one color (white), this time it was yellow and white.
I guess they didn't believe me when I wanted it returned and repaired and they went through only a 3 week process this time. Finally it was done and I was ready to go when only again their repairs did not warrant any applause as it started to crack like an egg again. So here we go again. I'm in my fourth week of the process again right now.
I was told this time that I could choose to have it fixed again or replaced, however they don't make this table any more so I would have to get either a new one or one that was damaged and they would fix it. There are multiple problems to these "solutions" 1) They acknowledge that they can't fix it, but they will do it again 2) I can exchange my damaged furniture for another damaged piece of furniture or 3) I can get a new table but have to purchase new chairs to match the table, oh yeah and a new hutch and buffet.
So as you can see Value City Furniture does suck in that they do *** repairs, have poor customer service, and the warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. They tried to make me happy by giving me a $50 gift certificate, but they weren't too happy when I wiped my *** with it and left it in their store.
The sad part about this whole story is that the same year I originally called for the repair I recommended to a friend who had their house burn down, that they go there for their furniture and they did and purchased furniture for every room in their entire house from Value City Furniture Sucks.So this is the thanks I get for the referreal of an extremely large purchase.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I bought furniture from Value city furniture 1 year and 4 months ago. they have already come out once before my warranty expired and tried to fix it, not very..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "8/16/2013 Dear Customer Service: I purchased the lounger sofa bed from your online store, and have since moved. I can't figure out how to put it together again. I also may be..."
- "MY SALVATION FROM ***!! I am a father of a great son who unfortunately stumbled in life and got caught up in a drug addiction. My wife and..."
- "Bought brand new front loader washing machine 6 years ago. All of the sudden, tumbler lock in place and would not turn. Took machine apart and found that a piece..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "It's bad enough to be towed, but being towed from a business when you are an actual consumer is a beat down. Someone overcharging you against their posted rates claiming..."
- "We love Ritz crackers....but the last box we bought was "Futbol Ritz Crackers" and all the crackers broken on pieces only touch them... So bad! We couldn't eat a single..."
- " I'm pissed off I took a uber all the way out here to get tested for a job the at the front desk was so rude to me! He..."