Value City Furniture - Value City Warranty Sucks
I purchased a dinning room table in 2005 from Value City Furniture Sucks and also purchased the warranty.At the time of the purchase I had a new born baby and the salesman said the warranty would be perfect for her in the house.
Within a year he was right she put a few nicks in the table and we called Value City Furniture Sucks and had the table "repaired". First you call and they make an appointment 2 weeks out, then someone comes to your house and looks at the table. After a week you have to call them, some customer service, and schedule the furniture to be picked up, another 2 weeks. Then they take it and it's gone for 2-4 weeks before you again have to continuously call and get them to fix it.
We finally made it through this process and within 3-4 months the repairs started to chip, not user error, however workmanship issues. So I had to go throught the whole process again, taking over a month to do the whole process again. This time the table came back in two colors. Mind you the original table was one color (white), this time it was yellow and white.
I guess they didn't believe me when I wanted it returned and repaired and they went through only a 3 week process this time. Finally it was done and I was ready to go when only again their repairs did not warrant any applause as it started to crack like an egg again. So here we go again. I'm in my fourth week of the process again right now.
I was told this time that I could choose to have it fixed again or replaced, however they don't make this table any more so I would have to get either a new one or one that was damaged and they would fix it. There are multiple problems to these "solutions" 1) They acknowledge that they can't fix it, but they will do it again 2) I can exchange my damaged furniture for another damaged piece of furniture or 3) I can get a new table but have to purchase new chairs to match the table, oh yeah and a new hutch and buffet.
So as you can see Value City Furniture does suck in that they do *** repairs, have poor customer service, and the warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. They tried to make me happy by giving me a $50 gift certificate, but they weren't too happy when I wiped my *** with it and left it in their store.
The sad part about this whole story is that the same year I originally called for the repair I recommended to a friend who had their house burn down, that they go there for their furniture and they did and purchased furniture for every room in their entire house from Value City Furniture Sucks.So this is the thanks I get for the referreal of an extremely large purchase.review #168191
You may also like
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Bought brand new front loader washing machine 6 years ago. All of the sudden, tumbler lock in place and would not turn. Took machine apart and found that a piece..."
- "Wish I could leave 0 stars. I went here for laser hair removal on lower legs. As Dr. Shakov was passing the laser on my legs I felt an intense..."
- "I buy the Ritz Crackerfuls peanut butter & chocolate because it makes a great snack for my husband that's dietetic , but after opening my new box and seeing the..."
- "Hello , i bought black jeans in last week of March 2015 from Kevis Store lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. In first wash of jeans recently, there are lots of white patches appear..."
- "Clydia Richardson is the owner of a consignment shop by the name of Green Goddess, A Designer Boutique. She stiffed me on a beautiful Coach handbag I consigned with..."