Value City Furniture - Value City Warranty Sucks
I purchased a dinning room table in 2005 from Value City Furniture Sucks and also purchased the warranty.At the time of the purchase I had a new born baby and the salesman said the warranty would be perfect for her in the house.
Within a year he was right she put a few nicks in the table and we called Value City Furniture Sucks and had the table "repaired". First you call and they make an appointment 2 weeks out, then someone comes to your house and looks at the table. After a week you have to call them, some customer service, and schedule the furniture to be picked up, another 2 weeks. Then they take it and it's gone for 2-4 weeks before you again have to continuously call and get them to fix it.
We finally made it through this process and within 3-4 months the repairs started to chip, not user error, however workmanship issues. So I had to go throught the whole process again, taking over a month to do the whole process again. This time the table came back in two colors. Mind you the original table was one color (white), this time it was yellow and white.
I guess they didn't believe me when I wanted it returned and repaired and they went through only a 3 week process this time. Finally it was done and I was ready to go when only again their repairs did not warrant any applause as it started to crack like an egg again. So here we go again. I'm in my fourth week of the process again right now.
I was told this time that I could choose to have it fixed again or replaced, however they don't make this table any more so I would have to get either a new one or one that was damaged and they would fix it. There are multiple problems to these "solutions" 1) They acknowledge that they can't fix it, but they will do it again 2) I can exchange my damaged furniture for another damaged piece of furniture or 3) I can get a new table but have to purchase new chairs to match the table, oh yeah and a new hutch and buffet.
So as you can see Value City Furniture does suck in that they do *** repairs, have poor customer service, and the warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. They tried to make me happy by giving me a $50 gift certificate, but they weren't too happy when I wiped my *** with it and left it in their store.
The sad part about this whole story is that the same year I originally called for the repair I recommended to a friend who had their house burn down, that they go there for their furniture and they did and purchased furniture for every room in their entire house from Value City Furniture Sucks.So this is the thanks I get for the referreal of an extremely large purchase.c2d1152 review #168191
You may also like
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "I have never been dealt with such horrible customer service before! I called in 6 times today regarding a weekly ad from Target that boasted “40% OFF SLEEPWEAR…ALL WOMEN’S..."
- "My diabetic daughter was admitted to Yellowstone. She was there for 2 days and they refused her insulin and testing of blood sugar. She was in..."
- "I ordered a Mixed Hoop Earrings. the first and second time I tried to contact and I received no answer, the third time I receive an answer from arlette in..."
- "We followed the manufacter instruction last year when we applied deck over to our old deck. The deck looked beautiful. After this passed winter and the beginning of summer the..."
- "I have owned my spa for about 7 months now and all the head rests have "bubbled" and the top skin are separating from the cushion. Called Thermospa and they..."
- "I purchased a Lennox air conditioning and heating unit for my sea-shore condominium in July of 2006. Model number: 13HPD-024-230-01 The a/c (outside unit) suffered degradation of coil. Luckily..."