1.2
Style and Design

In June 2016 I paid $1,300 for a living room Sofa and Loveseat set plus $159 for the Crest 5-Year "NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty from Value City Furniture. Just over 18 months later the seats are separating and both the sofa and loveseat is falling out of shape. One seat is higher than the other and there are gaps between the seats. Not only is the furniture structurally defective the poor frame structure is causing the cushions to completely sink down. I cannot sit on it because they sink down too far and hurts my back. I was scammed into paying for the Crest 5-Year "NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty that was sold to supposedly cover everything ("NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty). The first Customer Service representative told me that the warranty covers structural defects only. Well, that’s not a "NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty.

After more agonizing conversation with the CS Rep, and pictures of the furniture I sent to VCF they told me that they will send a Technician to inspect the furniture within 72 hours. No show in 72 hours! The repair company called after 5 days on a Friday that they will come Saturday morning 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM and that, that is the only time they can make it. Another tight restriction for the consumer who paid for "NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty.

By now it has been over a week from the original complaint. When I called the VCF Customer Service Rep. about the next steps, she said that the repair company can take 5 more days to submit their inspection report and then a VCF manager will review the report and call me. An additional week or more. After more than 2 weeks from the complaint and after agonizing and worrisome conversations, and, inspection appointments that required me to re-schedule my weekend engagements I am still now where near a resolution for the defective furniture. VCF has scammed me by misleading and deceptively selling their "NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty as the service I am getting is in no way a "NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty.

When I went to Value City Furniture in East Brunswick, New Jersey, I sat on the reclining sofa and loveseat model and found it to be quite firm and comfortable and appeared to be well constructed. I now know what I received was defective furniture that will become out of shape after just a year and half. There are only two average-weight adults using the sofa and loveseat. The old reclining sofa and loveseat, that I replaced with the one from Value City Furniture, served me for about 12 years. The VCF Sofa and Loveseat lasted only for a year and half before falling apart.

I see numerous complaints from other customers of similar problems with VCF products – that they are defective or don’t last beyond a year and half. There are also customer reports that VCF is asking then to professionally clean the products so they can sell it at Clearance. This is beyond believe that VCF will take a defective furniture from one customer and then sell it to another customer! Value City Furniture is a questionable and an irresponsible company.

Overall, I have been scammed on buying poor quality defective furniture as well as sold the Crest 5-Year "NO WORRY" Comprehensive Warranty that does not deliver on its promise. VCF is doing everything they can to make the warranty service frustratingly agonizing and a very lengthy process to discourage the customer from using it when they actually have a problem with the furniture. This must be the biggest rip-off I have ever seen and on top of that their customer service people are the rudest unprofessional people you can speak to. VCF sells defective furniture with a “WORRISOME” NON-Comprehensive Warranty service! Beware!

Review about: Value City Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments