3.0

I wanted to make you aware that you lost a large sale today, due to an irrational store policy! My husband and I went to the location at 23 and Gratiot in Chesterfield Twp.

We picked out a sectional, the "Nest" to be exact. The color, the warranty, everything. We were planning to finance it, when the sales lady informed us that the EARLIEST delivery would be August. Yes, we know because of Covid, the nationwide excuse for EVERYTHING!

Then we asked when the payments would begin, and we were told "immediately" So, we were expected to start paying on an item that wasn't even in our house yet and didn't even have an exact delivery date?! So then we asked "what if we pay cash" we were then told " in full up front" We could have understood putting a deposit down, but not the full amount! So, we walked out, went to Gardner White, where delivery was next day! Also, when we asked them at Gardner White about the policy, they said "you don't pay a dime until the item is in your home." You might want to re visit your store policy, before you lose more business.

Yes, we realize that financing is through Synchrony bank, but why do you agree with this policy?! Why not offer a financing company that's more reasonable?

Maybe this store could be a little bit more flexible given the circumstances with such extended delivery!

I do want to add that the sales lady was very helpful, pleasant, and patient and we know this was no fault of hers. She was also extremely knowledgeable about the product.

However, we will never shop at Value City again!

Location: New Baltimore, Michigan