Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 10, 2021

Value City as of this present date still has refused to even try to contact me period concerning this situation, which shows their ongoing lack of empathy and absolute ZERO REGARD/CONCERN period for their customer base, other than to simply make a quick sale. Do you really want to give your money to them? I am pursuing a lawsuit due to this.

Original review posted by user Jan 11, 2021

The following, is the review that I posted on Google, after I sat on hold for over an hour to try to speak with someone at Value City Furniture....Before finding out via your automated system that after an hour I was STILL ONLY at being the 76th caller in line and on hold!!!!!!! ARE YOU GUYS ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS?!?!

Its the year 2021 AND THAT IS THE BEST THAT YOU CAN DO CONCERNING HANDLING CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS?!?!

I am very much considering taking legal action against your company for refusing me service because of a face mask when I have proof that I am truly medically disabled

I -LITERALLY- am on 4 different inhalers, plus I have to take breathing treatments 3 to 4 times a day!! The following is the review that I posted online:

For about a week now, I have been in dire need of an entertainment center for my living room, as well as some bedroom furniture. After getting on Google to look at some options concerning furniture stores, I ended up deciding that Value City Furniture would probably be the best place for my needs concerning both cost and the location of the store. The drive is about 30 minutes away from my house, so I set out to see if they indeed had what I wanted.

Because of having smoked for 29 years, I not only suffer from emphysema/COPD, but I also have had two separate heart attacks, with 3 stint placements through 5 different heart caths. I take breathing treatments 3 times a day, plus I am on 3 separate inhalers. So for me to wear my face mask, can be definitely difficult at times due to the respiratory and health issues, but I grin and bear it. When I arrived at the store, I immediately put my face mask on as I got out of my vehicle.

I walked in the double doors of the front entrance to the store, and before I could even look anywhere, a man stood in front of me, asking me what I was interested in. I shared with him what my interests/needs were. He then informed me that although my face mask was covering my entire mouth from my left to right side, that it absolutely had to be pulled up completely over my nose. I shared with him about my health issues, and he continued to refuse me service period.

I shared that was fine, and immediately left. I then attempted to call the store to speak with the GM (assuming that he was not the GM as he definitely looked like he could easily have been, and his name was David), was asked by the female associate what it was concerning, I heard her speak to someone in a whisper, and then was informed that the GM was in a meeting with the other supervisors and would not be available for a while. I then asked for the corporate number, but when you call, you are told that you are the 76th person in line and to wait on hold. SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

I find it ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that even with my face mask on covering my entire mouth and literally resting on the bottom of my nose, that with severe breathing and health issues (That I Carry Physical Proof Of With Me AT ALL TIMES!!), that I cannot enter a store to shop with my nostrils exposed to help me breathe!! With my nostrils exposed, Im not a danger to anyone other than myself depending upon what I breathe in, as if I expel anything from my lungs, my face mask would catch it period. Im not in my 70s or 80s and extremely frail, but rather in my mid 40s. FYI Walmart, Meijers, Home Depot, Etc...

Not only allow me at times to enter into their store without one, but have even gone one step further to say to me and others that if you do have breathing issues that you are exempt in having to wear one...

The difference here is that I was literally willing to wear mine inside completely over my mouth with social distancing, but only asked for my nose to be free. I will be pursuing legal action due to my medical documented issues and their refusal to accommodate.

User's recommendation: I would ABSOLUTELY NEVER recommend ANYONE to shop at your location off of Coliseum in Northcrest Shopping Plaza PERIOD!!!!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 811 Northcrest Shopping Center, Fort Wayne, IN 46805