Verified Reviewer

2.5

Value City Furniture came to Traverse City, Mi and acquired the former Art Van location. Two months ago I walked in the door, the facility looked nice but then I was bombarded by the same vultures that were employed by Art Van.

I ended up looking at furniture with my wife and decided to purchase living room sets for the upper and lower level. Once I checked out I was given and delivery date for the lower level furniture along with the upper at a later date, to my surprise the delivery date changed and was promised that all the furniture would be delivered on the same day. Three days before the delivery I received a call that it would arrive two days after the original date, so here I am on the date and time they promised losing money as I not at work when I get a call that it will now be 5 hours later than the latest time they gave me. I ended up calling customer service and was on hold for 1 hour and 22 minutes to find that the young woman on the other end had nothing much to say and blamed their failures on COVID.

I now have a call to the Traverse City store and am waiting for a call back from the Store Manager. This has been the absolute worst experience I have ever had with an incompetent company and group of people, I will more than likely tell them to cancel my order but Ill wait and see how the Manager handles this first.

User's recommendation: Find another furniture store to shop at.

Product or Service Mentioned: Value City Furniture Sofa.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Value City Furniture Pros: Good prices.

Value City Furniture Cons: Delivery delayed 2 times and took 2 months to get.

Comments

#1987449

I remember my husband and I went to a value city years ago and was FOLLOWED by a salesman even as we tried out mattresses. Never again.

Value City Furniture Reviews