Riverdale, New Jersey

My boyfriend and I went to Value City Furniture to purchase a bed.We saw a bed we liked and special ordered and paid for it at the store.

We were told that it would be delivered in 2 weeks. We wanted to make sure that we were able to collaborate deliveries with a separate mattress order from another store. The sales rep "Tom" said that it would not be an issue. Two weeks came and on the delivery day, we received a call from the store saying that the bed had been damaged and they were not able to deliver it.

At this point we now had to cancel/delay the mattress order because of this issue. My boyfriend was spoke to the manager who reassured us that this would not happen again and that he would make sure everything went smoothly the next time. The re-scheduled delivery was scheduled to happen tomorrow. We got another call from the store telling us that the bed was again damaged and they were not able to deliver it.

At this point we are furious.

We took off two days of work and are out 2 sets of delivery charges for the mattress. They took our money and did not want to resolve the issue with giving us another bed. I spoke with the customer service manager and the rep Dan was totally incompetent and unhelpful. All he can say is that the department was not able to put in orders.

The thing that I really thought was frustrating was that he had the nerve to say "We have over 1000 pieces of furniture and there is no way he can know information on call of them." Keep in mind they have a website and I don't know about you all but I think with any customer service job, the rep should know all information about the merchandise that he/she is assisting with.

As they say "you get what you pay for" and even though the prices are low, do not expect to get your furniture delivered on time or undamaged.THIS STORE IS HORRENDOUS!!!

Had an Experience with Value City Furniture?

Comments

I would like to start by saying I am sorry for your inconvenience.I would like the chance to try and help you.

If you would email me at Feedback@valuecitynj.com so I can get the home/cell phone number you purcahsed your order with so I may look up your account and better assist you.

I hope that you will email soon and we can get started on resolving this issue together.Thank you for your comment and bringing these issues to our attention so that we can address them and become better for our customers.