Dont buy from value city furniture

349 of 456 Value City Furniture reviews

I bought furniture from Value city furniture 1 year and 4 months ago.they have already come out once before my warranty expired and tried to fix it, not very well i might add, but now the couch has a tear from front to back underneath the cushion.

they wont do anything about it. I dont think the couch has a model # but I have bought plenty of couches and I never had a couch fall apart so quickly. I know the couch is a popular model its an "L" shape olive green, with suede type material, very soft with cusions that aren't attached.. Ooh thats another problem the back cushions loose there shape VERY quickly.

My advice is DONT BUY furniture from there.They dont want to have anything to do with you after your warranty is up!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
349 of 456 Value City Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
ASHLEY FURNITURE

Nov 19, 2010 #213314

bUY YOUR FURNITURE FROM ASHLEY GREAT PRODUCTS AT GRAET PRICES,THEY STAND BEHIND THERE FURNITURE....................GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

bluestock

Nov 17, 2010 #212771

Same problem with value city which some
of their furniture is quality. We are now
fighting on our extended warranty still no
response from Ohio or Local Illinois store.

Extended warranty was fix or replace but
still no replace??????????

You should get what you pay for but I am
still waiting!

rico05

Nov 17, 2010 #212479

Same thing happened to my mom she bought a lovely sofa set and not to long afterward the thing was falling apart. Value City should never sell furniture...should have stuck to clothes

Anonymous II

Nov 11, 2010 #210176

Wow those are some harsh words to Sue, Anonymous. I had a couch set for 15 years and never had to add filler or actively reshape the cushions or even switch them around. Natural wear and tear should not make the furniture look like an elephant sat on it. The quality of any furniture today is ***. The quality is not there and everything is so expensive. You are a very mean person

0 1 Reply
Sue

Nov 05, 2010 #207978

Quit being such a pushy busy body. You could be nicer. The person was stating a fact what are you stating? That you do housework? LOL!! Probably not!

0 0 Reply
Sue

Nov 05, 2010 #207976

I agree 100%. It is VERY cheaply made but not cheap in price. The very same thing happened to me. I bought 2 large sofa sets from there.

Nov 04, 2010 #207556

Well, duh! Why should they waste their time and money for a non-warranteed item? Furniture from discount stores are as different as shopping for clothes at Macy's or Kmart...the quality was not meant to last. Wear and tear is the natural order of furniture and will occur more quickly and more frequently with discount furniture or furniture that is used more often.
Your options are to either try to fix the rip on your own, hire someone to fix it for you, or ignore it if it cannot be seen and does not interfere with being able to sit.
The solution with the back cushions is to actively reshape them yourself more often, switch them around, and add your own filler as the old filler flattens.
We bought a lovely sofa from Lazy Boy and we have the exact same problems, only ours occurred later than yours. Our rip is hidden and I fix the cushions daily. It's a part of housekeeping.
Stop blaming the store and take responsibility for your own property, you whiner.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Value City Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Value City Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×