Value City Furniture - Extended warranty

I bought a wrap around sofa set from Value City in 2012, now one back cushion and arm rest are peeling.I had bought a 7 year extended contract.

I contacted Value City and they gave me the claim center. The claim center sent a technician out 12/26/16. He looked at the sofa an said that the particular cushions had defective material. The technician took pictures and wrote down what he found wrong.

As of 1/22/16 I didn't hear anything. I called the claims center and they said you need to read the warranty. I read the warranty and it says it excludes defects in material.

Why buy an extended warranty if it doesn't cover the manufactures product.Attached is a picture that shows the good and bad cushions.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Value City Furniture Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #776198

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Value City Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 23 #1099564 Saginaw, Michigan

As you now realize, purchasing these "extended warranties" only enhances the store and the warranty provider's income. Best to decline them when offered. This goes for all extended warranties.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Value City Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Value City Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about