I bought a wrap around sofa set from Value City in 2012, now one back cushion and arm rest are peeling. I had bought a 7 year extended contract.

I contacted Value City and they gave me the claim center. The claim center sent a technician out 12/26/16. He looked at the sofa an said that the particular cushions had defective material. The technician took pictures and wrote down what he found wrong.

As of 1/22/16 I didn't hear anything. I called the claims center and they said you need to read the warranty. I read the warranty and it says it excludes defects in material.

Why buy an extended warranty if it doesn't cover the manufactures product. Attached is a picture that shows the good and bad cushions.

Product or Service Mentioned: Value City Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Non support of product.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 23, 2016.

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1324849

Their telling me the same exact bullcrap about my sectional ..... Defects aren't my fault I want my warranty money back

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1099564

As you now realize, purchasing these "extended warranties" only enhances the store and the warranty provider's income. Best to decline them when offered. This goes for all extended warranties.