Verified Reviewer

1.5

If you're looking to buy furniture from this store. DON'T.

It is cheaply made. Bought a couch with 2 recliners at the end. In under a year [purchased end of February 2019] the one side started doing a grinding noise and was starting to go crooked. I put in the issue in march 2020.

Unfortunately due to covid, things were closing and delays etc. I finally felt better to let a maintenance worker in July 2020 access what was going on. He came and took pictures and said the mechanism was BENT. Well during this.

month period, the other recliner started having the same issues but I didn't put in a claim for that. Reason being is as follows. I purchased the warranty plan. I don't often do this, but it seems pointless.

I have all the proof. July 2020- a purchase order was processed. I was to expect my parts in 3 weeks to possibly 12 weeks. Okay fine.

NO UPDATE. NO EMAIL. NOTHING. I tried contacting the company numerous times by sending a message through app to update as they said.

And just got the " Thank you for your patience as we update your claim with new information." CONSTANTLY. Finally around fall, I had just given up waiting. I call and say nothing has been updated. They tell me that they are waiting to see if the store/manufacturer [truly not sure] HAS the part.

Okay this was October. NO OTHER UPDATES. I CALL BACK IN DECEMBER. They tell me they are still trying to find out if they have the parts!!!

I called yesterday [jan 25] just fed up. SOMEONE finally gave me SOME help or knowledge of situation. She told me 6 months is too long please give her a week and she will try to go through a different way to resolve the issue and get a resolution. Today I get updated in an email a REPLACEMENT PART has been ordered.

Can be as little as 3 weeks to 12 weeks- AGAIN. WHAT?! I CALL AGAIN- and am told- the first time in July was for a REPLACEMENT PART- they tried a DIFFERENT WAY 6 months later and were replacing the ACTUAL WHOLE LEFT RECLINER. They claim they will remove it and install it to the section.

[WHENEVER IT ACTUALLY GETS DELIVERED- IF AT ALL] I don't even know if I am supposed to get a call from value city as far as a delivery date, or if they are just going to show up. I understand COVID is causing major issues. IT SUCKS, but I have waited 7 months for a BROKEN COUCH FIX THAT BROKE IN UNDER A YEAR. And my other side I have to do a NEW CLAIM for, which means someone has to come out again...and this whole process.

Put in for a replacement part....

I am not doing another 6+ months of this nonsense. Oh and if you want to cancel the warranty you have to SEND IN, in the mail to do so.

User's recommendation: RUN. NOT WORTH IT.

Preferred solution: At least some money back. .

Value City Furniture Cons: Quality of product, Customer service, Warranty company.

Location: 7500 Brookpark Road, Cleveland, OH 44129