80 views
Verified Reviewer

I have been a Value City customer for way over 5 years, I have a credit line I am currently paying off and still owe over $3,500.00. I have learned my lesson and will never buy or recommend this company ever again.

The quality of the furniture is incredibly cheap. I have purchased 3 mattresses, a sectional, a whole bedroom set, and a dining table. The first mattress was sinking severely and we replaced it right away. The table is not sealed correctly and the paint is chipping, the couch one of the legs does not fit, and the back of the couch has very sharp metals sticking out that broke off, they have severely scratched my walls and wood trim, and could have injure my kids.

I couldn't get any of them replaced even with the extended warranty I purchased. But the last straw was when I purchased a trundle day bed in late 2018. By early 2019 the side rail and bottom trundle wood completely split. It was not pre drilled and cited correctly causing the main board to split.

It was still under warranty so I filed a claim, and they sent someone out to inspect it only for them to deny it and blame it on misuse of the bed like someone jumping on the bed. I am so infuriated. I tried sending pictures for evidence and an explanation through email to the same people who were handling the claim and they NEVER responded back ultimately. The middle support frames were not broken.

That is proof enough that no one was jumping on the damn bed. They just decided to place blame, and the customer service was horrid. You can never get in touch with them, they Don't get in touch with you, the phone number to corporates just rings and you cant even leave a voicemail. Extremely disappointed, I spent over $1,000 on that bed and its just broken stored in the basement.

I am over $3500 in debt with them, and I cancelled my credit card. What is even the point of warranty and purchasing extended warranty if they are pulling stunts like this!

User's recommendation: NEVER BUY HERE.

Comments

#1987447

Thank you for relaying your experience. I will choose another company for my furniture!

Value City Furniture Reviews