Lakewood Township, New Jersey
Featured Not resolved

Purchased this bed with extended warrantee.4 months later, bed collapsed.

On August 29, 2015, I called service department explaining situation and sent pictures. They stated this has happened before, they will order parts and contact me. Additionally, will provide the repair with a steel frame to prevent this from happening again as there has been many other repairs to this model from other customers. Four weeks of calling, nothing.

Finally, on September 25, 2015, I spoke with their supervisor, Phil. He apologized, stating he will replace with steel brackets and scheduled a date of October 1, 2015. They never called to confirm. I called that morning to confirm they said it was not scheduled.

Spoke with Phil and the lies snowballed. It was scheduled for October 5, 2015. "Someone changed it in the computer," he stated. Back pedalling further, compounding more lies that are too ridiculous to repeat.

I explained I have been sleeping on a couch for over 4 weeks and I was extremely cranky and wanted service today. He offered a $100 gift card (big deal) how about paying my copays for the doctor visits after almost breaking my neck falling through a bed! Spoke to the manager of Value City Furniture of Lakewood, no help - but if I wanted to purchase more furniture I'm sure he would have done back flips for me! Finally, I spoke with the "real manager" of the service department, Mary Rose, same result - fix it tomorrow.

She also stated they could not use steel brackets for this bed, another untruth from Phil!I will never, ever, purchase another piece from this lying, disgraceful company.

Reason of review: dishonest customer service, a month without use of bed.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Repair company, Will never go back, Rude customer service, Poor overall service.

Had an Experience with Value City Furniture?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion