Value City Furniture - Klaussner bed carolina preserves

Purchased this bed with extended warrantee.4 months later, bed collapsed.

On August 29, 2015, I called service department explaining situation and sent pictures. They stated this has happened before, they will order parts and contact me. Additionally, will provide the repair with a steel frame to prevent this from happening again as there has been many other repairs to this model from other customers. Four weeks of calling, nothing.

Finally, on September 25, 2015, I spoke with their supervisor, Phil. He apologized, stating he will replace with steel brackets and scheduled a date of October 1, 2015. They never called to confirm. I called that morning to confirm they said it was not scheduled.

Spoke with Phil and the lies snowballed. It was scheduled for October 5, 2015. "Someone changed it in the computer," he stated. Back pedalling further, compounding more lies that are too ridiculous to repeat.

I explained I have been sleeping on a couch for over 4 weeks and I was extremely cranky and wanted service today. He offered a $100 gift card (big deal) how about paying my copays for the doctor visits after almost breaking my neck falling through a bed! Spoke to the manager of Value City Furniture of Lakewood, no help - but if I wanted to purchase more furniture I'm sure he would have done back flips for me! Finally, I spoke with the "real manager" of the service department, Mary Rose, same result - fix it tomorrow.

She also stated they could not use steel brackets for this bed, another untruth from Phil!I will never, ever, purchase another piece from this lying, disgraceful company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Will never go back
    • Rude customer service
    • Poor overall service

Reason of review:
dishonest customer service, a month without use of bed
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Klaussner Carolina Preserves Bed
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #709117 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Value City Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Value City Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Value City Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about