Value City Furniture - Leather recliner sectional peeling......leather alomst gone!
First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase.We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional with chaise and went to both Art Van and Value City.
After reviewing both sectionals, we decided to go with Value City because the couch SEEMED to be of same quality, but at a SLIGHTLY better price. The sales man said the sectional was an excellent selection, great material, and a popular seller. We declined the warrenty after many questions because we were lead to believe that the leather was a sturdy material and any problems, "IF ANY", would be structural wear and tear. Well, fast forward to almost 3 years later, and the structure has fallen apart in one seat, the stitching is coming apart on the V connecting seat, and the leather is almost completely gone on the lower back of one seat.
I even bought the *** furniture cleaner, which did nothing to preserve the leather. This place is a sham. They sell nice looking furniture....but most of it is POOR quality. They urge you to get their warrenty, but it doesn't matter anyway, because trying to get them to replace of fix anything is a JOKE!
I bought a bed from them a while ago and it came defective. The guys couldn't even install it and had to come back, but that is a whole other story.
The sad part is I have a friend who worked in the Westland, MI store and she told me to stay away.Moral of this story...You get what you pay for (cheap), and with Value City Furniture you may not even get that!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase. We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional..."
- "We purchased what was represented as the best sofa/chair in the store by the Assistant Store Manager at that time. We took out the extended warranty that was offered. We..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."