Verified Reviewer

I am writing because I have a problem with Value City Furniture in Sterling Heights, MI. I ordered furniture from them back on June 10, 2020.

I have had delay, after, delay. The last two delays, I never got notified that there would be a delay until the expected delivery day came and I called up there or went up there in anger and frustration, and the employees and manager just brushed it off and said well someone was supposed to call you and let you know that the delivery date has changed.

Mind you, I moved without any furniture to my name. I have been waiting on living room furniture and my daughter's bedroom set for the longest period of time. My daughter's bedroom set was discontinued and no one called me to inform me about that; and my living room set delivery date was pushed back and again, and no one called to tell me this.

I recently received my bedroom set that I order in June about 3 weeks ago!

I am very upset and frustrated due to the lack of communication and that fact that no one seems to care or even try to compensate me for my inconvenience or for their inadequacies. I want it to be known that it is not right or fair to treat people who are spending their money on things that they need, in this manner.

Today, now they are saying that my furniture is expected to be delivered in December and late February, which was supposed to be delivered today!!! No one called me about this delay either. I won't be able to have a couch even for Thanksgiving.

I can not believe that it will be 6 months since I originally ordered furniture that I was told was going to be delivered to me for my mid July move!

Please help bring light to this situation. I want an explanation and an apology for the way I have been treated and for the way that no one seems to care that this is someone's life that they are messing with.

User's recommendation: Don't expect anyone to call you when there is a delay with delivery.

Preferred solution: I want a price reduction, my products delivered, and a sincere apology for the lack of communication and extremely poor customer service..

Value City Furniture Cons: No communicate when there was a delay with delivery date, No communication when a product was discontinued.

Location: Sterling Heights, MI 48312