Verified Reviewer

I purchased furniture the end of November. I was told the delivery date was December 5th and the items were in stock.

This is why I purchased the furniture despite the fact the sales person, Margerie, was rude to me and asked me inappropriate questions about my life and financial circumstances. She continued to ask many questions and extended family information even though I was paying in full and not financing. She also kept my daughter and I waiting 40 minutes for her to complete the sale as she was too busy helping other customers who came in after us.

Only a few of the items were delivered which has left my family to sit on the floor as I sold my previous furniture in anticipation of the new furniture. I tried returning a few items and was told I would be credited the money back and it would be picked up when the remaining furniture was delivered, however, that never happened.

It is now December 15th.

No one has any idea about when the furniture could be in. It could be next year. Had they been honest about it I would have pursued other options and kept my existing furniture. I was told there is a staff shortage and they are making more of the higher end items first, with the lower end items being made later.

They said they would get back to me and havent. There isnt a store manager on Tuesdays either, so hopefully you dont have an issue on Tuesday. They wont give you corporate number or even any information of anyone else to contact beyond the store people.

I am still waiting for information and a revolution to this. They seem to have no issue taking your money, but struggle with giving you what you paid for.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy from the Lakewood store. You’re better off going to Big Lots, Ashley or Raymour and Flanagan. They have terrible customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Value City Furniture Sofa.

Preferred solution: Delivery of missing item ASAP, return of items, price reduction for missing item and an apology..

Value City Furniture Cons: Rude staff, Customer service stinks, Way they lied to us, Missing items.

Location: 1900 Route 70, Lakewood, NJ 08701