Verified Reviewer

Resolved
2.3
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Mar 01, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Update by user Mar 01, 2021

In addition, a guy that works for VCF, called me on my personal cell phone and asked me out, twice! I never met the guy.He answered my call for customer service (even though he works in the warehouse) and offered to go to my house on his day off to wait for the delivery, while I was at work.

I told him "no" and let him know that was not "ok." He called me back to see how it was going and asked me out. I declined.A day or two later, he texted me and asked me out, again.

I did not respond and blocked his number.My order was delayed and delayed again. Finally, after this review, my order and account were cancelled.

Original review posted by user Feb 01, 2021

I entered the store and walked past a sales associate. I was not greeted, nor even acknowledged, as I walked in the door.

I walked past the sales desk (mid-store) and two sales associates were talking about their hours and schedule, etc. I was not greeted, nor acknowledged. I walked up and down the isles, through the entire store and passed the same desk with the same two associates, without even a glance my way. I was half way across the showroom floor when one of them yelled at me to ask if I'd been greeted by anyone.

I said, "No" and kept walking. I spoke with a customer service rep. Nika, at length and she was extremely helpful and went over the top to try to help. As I was talking to her, the woman who had called out to me, came over acting as if I was her customer.

I let the customer service rep. know that I'd rather she got the commission, since she was the one to help me. Unfortunately, she could not complete the sale, due to her position, access, etc. She asked a different sales assoc.

to serv. me. He did and I was supposed to contact him on New Years Day. When I called, he was not on the schedule for that day.

I left message for him to return call. He did not. I was able to get a hold of him and finalize sale. Yesterday, I received a robo-call to inform me my sofa would be delivered Tues.

2/2/21 between 12:00pm and 3:00pm. There was no way to communicate, except to "confirm." I could not confirm due to my work hours. I am unable to be there, until 3:30 pm. I have no available family members or friends to help.

I called the VCF Mentor store to try to remedy the issue. It was closed. I called today, Mon. 2/1/21 and the customer service rep.

gave me the delivery number to call. There was no response, no pick-up, no v/m, no recording, no auto-anything. I called back to VCF Mentor and spoke with Steve from the warehouse and his customer service skills are ABOVE and BEYOND. He continued to try to get through to Harvard Park VCF(for approx.

3 hrs.) re: delivery and was unsuccessful, as well. Steve called me back and texted through the course of the morning and the only thing he could come up with was to offer to go to my apt. and be present for the delivery. How amazing and generous of an offer to make!

(Unfortunately, I have no idea what the policies are, I don't know him, and I just could not agree to it, understandably.) I would appreciate some help in this matter and I worry that VCF will not be around much longer because of issues such as these. I am considering returning and canceling this sofa because I don't feel like going through the hassle.

It's just a thing and I don't need to worry about it at this time...

I thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. Be well, Heidi Kaye hskaye333@***.com

User's recommendation: If you do not receive good service anywhere, go elsewhere. Be sure to ask important questions regarding delivery, etc. prior to finalizing your purchase. Get contact numbers for the store, for delivery and for Corporate Office, BEFORE signing ANYTHING!

Preferred solution: Delivery options without any further delay (already postponed 1 mo.) without missing work..

Value City Furniture Pros: Nika in customer service mentor store, Steve in warehouse and filling in customer service mentor store, Patrick the regional manager at harvard park store delivery.

Value City Furniture Cons: Sales people mentor store, Delivery service was a nightmare.

Location: 7767 Mentor Avenue, Mentor, OH 44060

Comments

#1988395

He answered my call for customer service (even though he works in the warehouse) and offered to go to my house on his day off to wait for the delivery, while I was at work. I told him "no" and let him know that was not "ok." He called me back to see how it was going and asked me out. I declined.

A day or two later, he texted me and asked me out, again. I did not respond and blocked his number.

Value City Furniture Reviews