2.6

I ordered a sectional (3 recliners) in June of 2020 with scheduled pick up in August. When i got to the store with my uhaul rental to pick up my items, I received a call while walking in the store stating the delivery would be a couple hours delayed.

I walked around other local stores to waste time waiting. After about 1 1/2 hrs of this I received another call from the store stating it would be 3 or 4 more hours. before the items would arrive. I informed the store that would not work so the manager offered me $100 off of my purchase or free delivery....I agreed to the delivery.

When the items arrived on the delivery date, it was discovered that 2 of the pieces to the sectional were incorrect so 2 of the pieces of my sectional were taken back leaving me with a incomplete sectional that was not put together. When I called the manager of the store, he informed me that he could go ahead and upgrade one of the pieces that was not ordered correctly but both pieces could not be delivered until October. I was not happy about the delivery time so I called the store back and got another manager who stated she may be able to get one piece earlier and to get me more than $100 off (which I requested) she would have to speak to someone over me and get back with me. This was a Monday, come to find out she was off Tues and Wed which I called the store and left messages for her both days...

Thurs nor Friday did I receive a call back with an update. In the meantime, I received notification that one of the pieces to the sectional was being delivered.... that delivery date the guy called me to the truck as he was one on my original delivery 2 weeks prior and informed me they sent the same pieces, it was not a recliner so he would have to take it back. So here I am AGAIN, 1 initial deliver botched and 2 other deliveries incorrect!!

The store only wanted to compensate me $150 for all of their errors!! Mind you, I still paid for my uhaul for the initial delivery so there was no compensation on that! How do you keep delivering the same incorrect pieces to a customer and not want to compensate them and make them whole?!! I discarded my furniture because I was buying new furniture and me and my family have been displaced without any regards from the company.

The manager told me they cannot pay me to take their furniture!?? She also said that I was compensated by free delivery, upgraded to a recliner (even though the employee ordered it wrong) and then offered $150, but they cannot compensate me for the inconvenience!!!. What is customer service if you cannot make a consumer whole!!

Everything about this was wrong and the companies fault!! I could not upload the pictures of my incomplete set with the connecting screws on the outside of the furniture

User's recommendation: never.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Value City Furniture Pros: Decent furniture selection, Inexpensive.

Value City Furniture Cons: Everything else about my experience, Terrible service, Never received.

Location: 555 Forum Drive, Columbia, SC 29229