The Double Discount Guarantee at Value City Furniture is not a guarantee at all. I purchased a sofa at Value City Furniture -- the two-piece chocolate bonded leather sectional called the Austin for ~$1089 total for the sofa to be delivered inside of my apartment.

View this sofa at http://www.vcf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&Ntk=si_all&Nao=0&referrer=searchResultsPage&catalogId=10153&partNumber=1320572&ref=OSSearch&Ntt=austin&storeId=10001&numberOfResultsPerPage=12&Ntx=mode+matchall&y=0&N=0+4294967163&x=0

After purchasing, but while still waiting for delivery, I viewed an identical product online at A. M. B. Furniture Design called the 2 pc dark brown bonded leather sectional sofa with tufted seating for ~$1019 total for the sofa to be delivered inside of my apartment.

SKU S366P11 at website http://ambfurniture.com/catalog/2-pc-dark-brown-bonded-leather-sectional-sofa-with-tufted-seating-p-23682.html

I faxed a copy of this information to the manager Joe at Value City Furniture (I later spoke with the general manager Jesse). First, Joe said that the sofa did not resemble the one I faxed him. Take a look at the two products and judge for yourself. He said that the product I faxed him more closely resembled the Sloan, which you'll see is ridiculous.

View the Sloan here.

I was then told by Jesse that it doesn't matter if the total paid is different. I needed to subtract any sales tax from his order. He said that I also needed to consider that the two sofas were several inches different.

At this point, you may be wondering, "Well, what does their guarantee state?" Here it is: Guarantee: If you find a similar item (with similar qualities, features and benefits) with the same services, offered for less, within 30 days of purchase, we will gladly offer you a refund of twice the difference between their price and ours.

This is what I found. I found a similar item delivered inside my apartment for $70 less than Value City Furniture. I also found a staff at Value City Furniture intent on not standing behind their Double Price Guarantee. Shame on you Value City Furniture!

And, to top it all off. The zebra print pillows were supposed to come with the sofa as stated on-line, I was told prior in-store that they didn't, and got clearance pillows instead. WTF! I don't appreciate this deception by the Value City Furniture sales staff!

If I were to add both of these complaints up, I could easily say that Value City Furniture does not deliver on advertised statements!

Review about: Value City Furniture Sofa.

Had an Experience with Value City Furniture?

Comments

Take them to small claims, bet ya get your money back b 4 it even gets to court!