value city furniture is so crappy i bought two kids dresser's from there and soon as i took them out of the box they fell completly apart. I took them back and they gave me a big hassel about giving me my money back their employee's are so rude their furniture is so cheap and they staple their furniture together how cheap is that they have poor furiture ,poor quality and poor customer service i wouldnt rekamend any body to go there the bottom line is if you want good furniture please dont go to value city their crappy.

Had an Experience with Value City Furniture?

Comments

Here is some free advise based upon sound economic fundamental principals:

1. If the product is on the low end of the cost scale comparable to other, similar products in the market, then it most likely is built to lesser standards.

2. In the new furniture market, if you are expecting high quality at a low price, you are expecting too much. Furniture retailers are not in the business of selling furniture at a zero or negative profit margine. If it's cheap, it was built even cheaper.

3. A $300 sofa or $100 dresser can not be manufactured with quality, solid wood. You're buying pressboard, people. It falls apart.

4. Two good ways to get quality at a low price are to (a) shop outlet stores, and (b) buy gently used furniture via the classifieds or craiglist.

5. Learning to speak and write the language properly would assist you in your pursuit for a higher-paying job...which would allow you to puchase a higher quality couch within your budget. Case in point: "they delieverd brokend furniture."

In summary, it sounds as if you bought *** furniture, because that is what you reasonable can afford. You expected to receive quality furniture, though, and now are pissed that the stuff is falling apart. Somehow, you are blaming the retailer for this.

Value City, I side with you on this. I can only assume that you need to add another 3% to 4% to your profit margine in order to offset the cost of "customer service efforts"...

Got delivered a Gathering Table top and NO LEGS, and to boot the top was damaged, and 1/2 my order was missing. I refused the order.

The following morning I get the Store Mgr. Jay calling me asking "What kind of games are you playing, we got a request for a service call on the table" WHAT ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????

I COULDN'T BELIEVE I GOT THIS CALL!!!!!!

The furntiture was garbage, should of went to Art Van like I was going to do, DON'T EVER BUY FROM THEM, THEY DELIVER YOU JUNK YOU REFUSE IT, THEN THEY SAY YOU KEPT IT, AND ARE TRYING A SCAM, WHEN THEIR EMPLOYEES EITHER STOLE IT, OR THEY HAVE CRAPPY BOOKEEPING!!!! REGARDLESS THEY SHOULD BE RAN OUT OF EVERY STATE THEIR IN, AND YOU HAVE TO BEG FOR HELP!!!!!

#122093

I too have purchased over $2000.00 of furniture from VCF.My couch, loveseat and rocker chair are falling apart.

Stuffing if falling out of them. I contacted the store over a month ago and they have not fixed it. I even bought the extended warranty plan. This was only 8 months old!!!!!!

It seems like I need to be of some importance to them to care that they cannot take care of their furniture that was stapled together. I stepped on a staple that fell out of the couch. There are staples sticking out of the chair we have and I think its the cheapest furniture made.

They charged me for something that I would not not accept for free!!!DO NOT SHOP AT VALUE CITY FURNITURE.

#119541

What do you think is gonna happen if you buy a $30 chest. I used to work there and vcf doesn't manufacture these, though most of the stuff in the store is *** anyway. Had to leave got tired of people not knowing what they bought.