Utterly atrocious experience. I would rather buy at Sauder or Ikea and save a few bucks. I picked up a couple of chairs so that I completed a set for my breakfast table. First of all, to my amazement, I assumed that given the amount I paid I was going to recieve the chairs assembled. When I did open the box, THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS WERE MISSING!!!

I called the store (Aurora, IL) asking to speak to the store manager. Person on the phone never put him on. They then asked me if I could swing by and pick-up the instructions myself. I told them I was taking care of my 2 WEEK OLD BABY!!! They offered to deliver but it was already the end of the day and they had not delivered yet.

I finally decided to try to assemble without instructions. It was gruelsome, but figured out things as I went on. Then I realized that they had sent more of a certain type of bolts and probably shorted me on the longer ones. Thus I couldn't finish assembly.

I then called again. 8 hours later I am still waiting for delivery of hardware!!!

NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS STORE, IF YOU APPRECIATE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!!!

Review about: Value City Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

More missing instructions for a desk I purchased from the store in Glen Burnie, MD. This is going to be a fun night. :(

I would rather sit on the floor before I'd deal with this store again! I thought I purchased a sofa and loveseat and after waiting a month found out they were discontinued!

Drove 45 minutes to pay the balance and set up a pick up date and they tell me they aren't available!

To top it off they didn't have the cash to give me my refund! You would think since they had most of my money that someone would have the courtesy to at least call.

After reading some of these comments, it is apparent that Value City has a staffer who goes on this site and write derogatory responses to posters. I was thinking of buying from VC, but based on these comments, not gonna happen.

OBVIOUSLY..the 2 previous comments are from employees... I've had bad experiences with the deliveries...

and NO ONE ever came out to "inspect" damages incurred by their people... DON'T be shocked when this company folds up...

cause then their employees will realize how important a dollar these days really is! :cry

You said for what you paid on the chairs they should be assembled? Hate to tell you but that is what is included when you pay delivery.

If you dont want to pay for delivery then of course you should have to put them together!

I agree that it is YOUR responsibility to ask if they come assembled or not. Take responsibility

Caballo, New Mexico, United States #26916

You EXPECTED the chairs to be assembled??? Why didn't you ASK before you bought?

And if they were assembled then you'd probably complain you couldn't fit them in your car. As far as driving 30 miles for a paper booklet, why should someone at the store have to do it? The gas that the store personnel has to buy and use costs the same as yours. It's your responsibility.

Maybe if you asked politely they would have mailed it to you for free... but that might have meant waiting 2 days.

You wanted the chairs automatically assembled for free and then expected someone else to drive 30 miles (or more) out of their way to accomodate you!!! Some people are just totally ridiculous.