Update by user Apr 26, 2012

UPDATE: Shortly after posting the original review, Value City contacted us to resolve the issue. I spoke with a man named Keith who was very helpful in getting me in touch with the delivery company.

We were contacted multiple times during the week and were informed frequently on the status of the electrician coming to replace the light fixture. My wife and I were very pleased with the job Value City did in fixing this problem.

Original review posted by user Apr 18, 2012

My wife and I purchased a living room set from Value City (Countryside) and had it delivered two weeks ago. During the delivery, the movers knocked down a light fixture in our hallway, leaving two holes in the wall, one with live electrical wires dangling loose. My wife immediately called Value City and did not receive any sort of solution to the problem. Over the next week, and several phone calls, Value City informed us that the delivery company, not they, was responsible for the damage. Value City gave us the contact information for the delivery company.

After several calls to the delivery company, a man named Henry called us and informed us that someone would be calling us to make an appointment to fix the light fixture. That was over a week ago and no one has called us.

While my wife and I were extremely happy with salespeople and atmosphere when we purchased the furniture, it seems that Value City stops valuing its customers once the sale has been made. A warning to any potential customers, Value City doesn't want to take responsibility for problems that it creates, nor does it want to help its customers get a speedy resolution.

Product or Service Mentioned: Value City Furniture Furniture Set.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 18, 2012.

Comments