Value City Furniture did not honor mattess warranty

We bought a Simmons Beautyrest Exceptionale mattress for $1700.00 and was told that it was the best mattress in the store.We also purchased the stain guard and was told the mattress had a 10 year warranty.

After one year the mattress sagged in the middle 4 inches. They replaced it without problem.

The next mattress sagged in less than one year; but we waited before we reported it because of the hassle of being without a mattress.They sent someone out to measure it, agreed it had a 4 inch sag, but refused to replace it due to a stain on the mattress.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 01, 2012 #489217

What difference does it make if there was a stain on the mattress, the problem was the sagging, it's not like they could sell the mattress again anyway.

Feb 20, 2012 #433617

Nov 30, 2011 #383235

hi..I agree with you, the same thing happened to us. They are not ready to attend the problem just bcoz there is a tiny coffee stain. Am planning to go to the store during Peak season and fight for our rights.

ripped off consumer

Nov 06, 2011 #370063

I meant the person below my complaint that works for Value City Furniture helped me (Written Oct. 13)

Nov 06, 2011 #369980

I am the person who posted this complaint. The person above submitted my information to Value City Furniture and I am happy to report that they have now honored the warranty and gave me a $1499.00 credit to go toward another mattress and anything in their store. I am very grateful. Now I have another mattress from them, this time American Signature brand, and so far I LOVE this mattress. Thank you for contacting VCF corporate team and resolving this issue. No longer a ripped off consumer :).

Value City Furniture

Oct 13, 2011 #358253

I am so sorry you're having this experience, and we definitely want to help. I work for Value City Furniture. Please send me your information to I will forward your email directly to our corporate customer service team. We are committed and dedicated to our customers. Please email so we can begin resolving this issue immediately! Thanks!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Value City Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Value City Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about