I purchased a living room outfit from Value City Furniture in Flint Michigan.

It had a year warranty. We received our furniture in a timely manner BUT, one month of having this furniture. The Pillows of the couch and loveseat frayed and were going flat. (this is the back of the couch) The throw pillows ARRIVED frayed.

We called the store numerous times and finally almost relucantly they sent someone out to our home. *they are not in a big hurry*

The guy came in and looked at the pillows and said, " he would have to call his manager" so he went out to his truck and took off.. YES HE LEFT.........

So now we are stuck after paying almost a grand with crappy furniture that looks older than the bought this.

I've told everyone I know NOT TO SHOP AT THE VALUE CITY FURNITURE STORE IN FLINT MICHIGAN.

We are in the process of buying new furniture only one year after plopping down all of this money. NEVER AGAIN will we shop here.

Comments

VCF/ASF customer service

I am writing from the corporate headquarters of Value City Furniture. We never want to hear that a customer has not had a good experience with one of our stores; but, if we do hear of such a case, we wish to do whatever we can to address and resolve the complaint.

I have taken the time to read your blog and would like to reach out to you for more information and a chance to provide resolution. If you would like to send me additional information, please visit vcf.com.

There you can click on customer service and contact us to submit additional details. I look forward to hearing from you.

I recently had the same experience at value city in flint michigan. I purchased a sofa for $799.00 and the seat cushions went flat after less than 90 days.

It took another 3 months of complaining until the seat cushions were fixed. When the sofa was returned to me the seat cushions were all visibly different in thickness and also made theback cushions look awful. However after all this the manager replaced the entire sofa. The upsetting part is i know the replacement sofa will soon look the same as the original...like ***!

I will Never purchase furniture from value city ever again! go to skaffs have an outstanding record for standing behind their products...I'd rather pay $200 more to skaffs to buy a quality product!

I would like to know what the name of the set that was bought i can try and get the problem fixed for you

i worked at vaule city furniture for 15 years i now work at the saginaw location i think that this has happened from time to time but i have to say they are commited to cust service and if they would contact the corp office they would have taken care of that problem