I purchased a brand new living room set in November of 2011. About two months ago the couch cushions became unbearable to sit on, you sink way down and the only comfortable way to sit on the couch is with a pillow behind you for support, keep in mind I am a healthy 30 year old that goes to the gym daily so a couch should not "hurt" my back to sit on.

I called Value City and was told that because I moved out of state there is NOTHING they can do for me, basically too bad so sad. I explained that I am under manufacturer warranty and asked where in my warranty paperwork it says that my move voided my warranty, they said that there was nothing in my warranty paperwork of that nature. I then threatened small claims court and was told they will ship me parts. Too bad the parts are only around $250, the labor will cost me $450 per the quote I obtained!

I now have to pay nearly $700 for a couch that cost me about that much to fix it because I am still paying on the whole set! Unfortunatly for Value City because of the rude way I was treated and the sheer principle behind their shady practices I will absolutly be taking them to small claims court for a refund on my money. Do yourself a favor and DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

The prices are great but trust me, you are getting what you pay for! Try Ashley Furniture, I bought a livingroom set there 10 years ago and had it up until last year, it was AWESOME!!!

Comments

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #582998

I have the same issue paid cash for a new sectional and 3 pieces failed, the bottoms dropped I was told they can fix it in 2-14 weeks not acceptable. Do by from these scam artists they sell ***

Was in process of buyin new sectional. Goin to get my money back cuz of all these bad experiences!!!

RScheg, I notice you are from Colorado, and we don't have any stores out there. We are based out of Columbus, Ohio and all of our stores are east of the Mississippi.

If you still think this is us, we definitely want to help!

Please email us at vcf.facebookfans@vcf.com. Thanks!