On 11/30/2012 at Value City Furniture, newport News, VA., We purchased a $4,000.00 bedroom suit only to later be told that we would not and could not receive furniture until after 12/25/2012. We informed the saleperson that we had give our bedroom to family in Military, and would have family visiting for Holidays.

We ask for the furniture on display, and was told by the saleperson and store manager, "that the Company Policy would not allow the sale of a/the display". This is unacceptable!

Why? I'm a manager for the largest/number-one retail company, and there is "no policy", of said in retail. The policy is, take care of the customer, sales is store and company profit, and retail salary for employees.

Displays say what we're selling, you sell it, and set more displays. It's supply and demand.

We want the bedroom suit we were sold, that's retail good customer service business.

Review about: Value City Furniture Manager.

Comments

Had my eye on a 3 piece living room sectional at Value City but after reading all these very negative online reviews guess who's not going to be buying anything there. Your prices are cheap so most people know they'll not be getting top quality but there's no excuse for such abhorrent customer service.

Are you the Marcs of the furniture world? So sad.

Canton, Ohio, United States #585140

My fiancé and I just a few weeks ago purchased a bed headboard and footboard along with a dresser that had a mirror. The dresser came with a huge hole In the back and another small hole a few inches over from it.

So we called to have it replaced and they ACCUSED me of moving it and causing the damage ! Which is not how you treat customers , especially after I already had told the girl that the movers must have done it...I mean come on now? We didn't even budge it and the ceran wrap was still on it. We saw the holes as the movers walked to their truck and we tried to yell for them but they drive off.

Immediately I called the store and the people were down right disrespectful and rude. Not only were they rude but they lied also, the sales person then the MANAGER!!! I asked the manager for corporates number and he gave me a false 1(800) number . Anyhow, when I asked for it to just be SIMPLY replaced I had to fight for it, even after WE PAID for it with OUR money.

It took them forever to get us the new one and then when that one came it was even more messed up than the first. Not to mention after dealing with the dresser we noticed the mirror had stain on it from them spraying it on the trim and wouldn't come off. Overall they have awful customer service and awful quality furniture . People may say you get what you paid for but I could buy a used set for the same price and have a better experience .

I'm in the process of contacting better business bureau and corporate and I believe anyone else who has problems with them should too ! I'm possibly thinking about sueing because this isn't even all of what I'm STILL dealing with.

We spent good money on bedroom suite and new mattresses complete desaster mirror was forgotten then when they brought one it was broken the the drewer was broke on note stand upon delivery our mattress is sunk in the middle we suppose to have a extended no hastle warranty and we can't get them to exchange it or nothing this was purchased in miamisburg oh this place sucks 3000 dollars pissed down the drain

I am so sorry you had that experience. I can only imagine your frustration.

Please know that we want to help. Email me at vcf.facebookfans@vcf.com so we can help resolve this asap!