I purchased a leather sectional in Feb 2012. The salesman Dave was pitching the protective plan to my husband and me.

We asked him SPECIFICALLY if it covered pet scratches. Dave said it covered it absolutely! Well. I got bored the other day and read the terms and conditions of the protection plan in detail.

Under the Exclusions Paragraph, half way down, it states clearly that it DOES NOT cover pet damage of any kind! I called the store to address Dave about his lying. Dave was not in yet and the so called manager argued with me stating that Dave had been there several years and he doesn't lie. He then said that I misunderstood him!

LOL I said, no, we were very clear on the question and Dave was very clear on the answer. I finally had to hang up on the guy because I could not stand being called a liar one more second.

I DO NOT recommend you purchase this extended policy from them...it is a SHAM!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Value City Furniture Manager.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 26, 2012.

Comments

Elmhurst, Illinois, United States #659229

It's such a shame that you had such a terrible experience with them. We bought our sofa in May of 2012 with the fabric protection with was an additional $75.

2 months latter we had stains and called uniters (that's who the warranty is through) It was handled quickly and very professionally. They even replaced the cover on the cushion since the ink didn't come out. We just placed another service request with them today and are hopeful for another great customer service experience.

I guess my advice would be to contact the company that provides the warranty not VCF. :)

I got several emails asking me for all my personal info and said they would "look into it" and NOTHING ...LIARS!!!!

three years ago i bought a three piece living room suit tan in color , the sales man talked me into getting ( Scotchgard )to pertect it from stains ,it cost me a extra 150 -200 .00 to get that spray on , and said all you have to do is take a cloth and blot the stain . ( not ) needless to say its at the county dump all three piecec , because the stains wouldnt come off , and i couldnt shampoo it because the stains was the for good ,i called to see if there was a way to take the scothchgard off and they said NO .....point im trying to make is 2,000 in furniture that i only had for under a year that was trash !!!!!! i wouldnt suggest anyone to put the scotchgard on any furniture and they wouldnt even make it right with me on the furniture :cry

I want a refund for my epp warranty and have been going in circles via phone/email with "customer service". I currently live in Florida, purchased the furniture in MD last year, who should I contact to end this warranty that seems to be of no use to me since they won't honor any repair,and get my money back?

I read in the warranty that about 90% of money will be refunded which is about $400 from about $450 that I paid for warranty. It says to mail original copy to "them", but no address for "them".

There are a few addresses but since the original copy must be mailed to receive refund, I am afraid to send it to the wrong place and get ripped off. Please help me...

I'm sorry you had this experience! We want all of our customers to have the best shopping experience possible! Please email me at vcf.facebookfans@vcf.com so we can help ASAP!!!