I purchased a leather couch from value City furniture that cost over $2000.00 in May of 2009. After only 6 months, the couches buttons had all come undone, and it looked like the couch was 10 years old.

It took over a month to get a sales rep out, then over 4 months to get the thread to fix the couch. I had to call several times to check up on the progress because no one was calling. I was told by one sales assocaite that the thread was coming from India, and that "India was another country miss"

When the tech came out, he was going to replace the entire tops of the couch seats with a light brown cushions, my couch is dark brown and what happen to the thread that was on order for 14 weeks??

I was told that the couch cant be replace and that I should pick out a different couch.

All value city furniture has a 1 year guaranty. I also purchased a 7 year leather warranty and 3 years furniture warranty that starts after the one year store warranty. After talking with store managers and sales associates, and going there twice! I was told that I would have to purchase a new 7 year warranty for the new couch I picked out.

So I am out $229.00, the price of the old warranty that I didnt even use, and they want me to spend another $200.00 plus??? No way.

Why am I being penalized for a bad couch??

I have sent over 6 emails with NO RESPONSE. I have shopped at this store several times over the years with no problems.

I guess I will have to start shopping somewhere other then Value City!

Review about: Value City Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

kelley08

Yesterday I received a call from the District Manager from Value city Furniture and he said that he will transfer my warranty onto the new couch so that I need not purchase a new one. Great News! I am very happy now.