Update by user Feb 23, 2012

Just to give an update, we are STILL going back and forth with Value City Furniture! When I originally posted something here they were refusing to talk to us anymore..

As you can tell, Lisa asked me to call and then and only then did she offer me a new mattress. That is completely unacceptable. The mechanics are rusted and the whole thing grosses me out.Value City furniture gave us no choice but to purchase another living room set from another dealer. upon removing the old set and storing it until this is resolved, we discovered the manufacturers tags which clearly states that our so called special order made just for us...

WAS MANUFACTURED 1 MONTH BEFORE WE EVEN WENT INTO THE STORE! IS THIS FRAUD??? We have claims with the Attorney General\'s office, DCA and the BBB. Supposedly the only thing corporate will do now is give us store credit..

IF this was offered to us originally, back on January 11th when the service guy was out and said he was recommending a new one, we would not have had a problem but this has been going on for almost 4 months now!

We purchased another set, and have no use for any other furniture in our home.Not to mention, why would we even want to go back there after this nightmare? We are demanding our money back and that is where we stand at this time!

Original review posted by user Jan 18, 2012

My Husband and I ordered a $2500 sectional from Value City Furniture in Lakewood back in 10/2011. We were informed that it would take 6-8 weeks to come in since it was a custom order.

That meant it would be in right before Christmas. They actually had it in before Thanksgiving and delivered the day after Thanksgiving. Upon recieving it we noticed it had an odor.... After 2 weeks we said to ourselves, this isn't right and immediately called the Store and talked to Brittany who gave us the service dept # and said it would be covered.

After 3 calls to the service dept, we finally were able to schedule an appt for some one to come out. The next time they could have someone out was 3 weeks away. So now for another 3 weeks we had to deal with this smell in our house! The hoildays come and go and its now to the point we are at our wits and and want it out, so we open it all up, unfold the sofa bed and low and behold that is where our smell is coming from....

the mattress from the sleeper is stained yellow! Underneath the plastic, talk about gross..... Well guess what the service guy came out said it would be replaced and to call the next day for details.... which I did.

They didn't have the report! Now a week later and after several calls to the store manager, salesman, and service, the want to send someone else out .. the manufacturer. I am done!

I have a sofa in my house I refuse to sit on and am tired of being treated like *** when I call the service dept. Sue even insisted that my family bed on the couch... Under the plastic that has never been taken off???

The are messed up and I want to advise everyone out there DO NOT GO TO VALUE CITY FURNITURE!!!! Their customer service sucks and very rude!

Review about: Value City Furniture Sofa.

Comments

#419655

I am so sorry that happened to you and want to help! Please contact our service manager Lisa phone# 1800-257-2507 ext 13023 with your information so we can begin resolving this ASAP.

I don't understand why you are accepting this. File a complaint with the attorney generals office and the better business bureau.

I did and received a store credit for the mount of my purchase. If you let them get away with this...shame on you.