Update by user Aug 22, 2011

Hi Friends, update from my end. After posting my comment here I received call from Beavercreek Manager, and looks like the lady I initially talked was Assistant Manager there.

They apologised for my experience and offered me to select any other bed of my choice and delivered the whole furniture very next day.

All my furniture arrived on time and the delivery person were super nice. They also took off my delivery charges : )

I am happy that VCF people do address their customers concerns promptly and think will shop at VCF again!!

Original review posted by user Aug 17, 2011

I bought Living room+dinning room+bedroom furniture worth $2200 from value city beavercreek on 6th August, 2011. Paid the whole money at the time of purchase and was promised the delivery on 18th August. Since have recently relocated to ohio and doesn't have any furniture the 12 days wait time was little long but then we compromised as the deal was good. We waited with excitement for our new furniture but our whole excited turned into nightmare with one call from VCF beavercreek manager.

Two days before the delivery they called us and told that they can't deliver the bed and it will take more one month. I was in total shock and thought that this is not possible its a nightmare..but nope it was true, and the biggest shock, the manager sounded as she is doing a favor to call me. She never apologise for delay and declared that "I should know that as the sales person should have told me that the bed I ordered is a discontinued model". My question was "sales person told me nothing on the purchase date" and why did they gave me delivery date when they were not sure about the product?? And why they are calling after 9 days just two days before the delivery date???

I was so upset that I canceled the whole purchase and now I have to do the whole furniture shopping again. They wasted my two weeks and made me live with no furniture for so long and doesn't even apologise for it. They think giving back the money is enough while what about the time they wasted and mental and emotional torture they made the customers to go through?.

I am planning to contact some Lawyer to take legal action against VCF please let me know if there are more people to join me.

Review about: Value City Furniture Manager.

Comments

Dayton, Ohio, United States #617794

bought couches from them and paid for added stain guard. They basically spray the couch down.

In my case the sprayed the couch and re-wrapped it in the plastic. When I picked it up, I noticed it was all wrinkled.

Who wraps wet fabric in plastic? So they worked on it and when it was delivered, I was told "Our manager worked really hard to steam out the wrinkles and creases" to which I replied "Better him than me, after all it's not wrinkled and creased on the showroom floor right?

You get what you pay for,if it's cheap then it's made cheap. Most of the furniture are imports,even the mattresses which have imported inner springs from China.