Update by user Feb 13, 2014

I put down the wrong amount, the total price for everything was $754.30!

Original review posted by user Feb 11, 2014

I spent almost 600 dollars on a chair and ottoman at VALUE CITY FURNITURE on RT 37, Toms River, NJ, and was also talked into buying a 5 year protection plan. The salesperson told us that everything was covered. Their words were, its great, if you spill nail polish or food on it or if your pet goes to the bathroom on it whatever it is its covered, if the cushions wear out or crush down their covered, the only thing not covered is if your pet chews it. So we purchased what was called a 5 year protection plan. We have had the chair for less than two years when this process started. we purchased it on 2-4-12 and it was delivered on 3-17-12. The chair was getting pretty dirty looking and the cushions were wearing out and crushed down horribly. I called the warranty department in the middle of January of 2014. They told me immediately that the stuff i was describing was not covered. I said thats not what the salesperson said. So they sent a technician out on 1-24 to look at the chair. he took 4 0r 5 pictures with his cell phone and said we should be hearing from someone in the beginning of next week. Well today 2-11-14, I had still not heard from them so i finally call them and when i told them that i had not heard from them yet they lied and said that someone had called here when they did not and they told us that nothing that was wrong with the chair would be covered and that was that.They told me that i should have called at the very first dirt spot and that i should have called within the first year for the cushion. So why is it a 5 year protection plan!? I called value city and spoke to them several times and the ending result is that they will not do anything about the chair. I could understand that if I did not buy the warranty, but I did buy the warranty because of what they said it covered and they lied. Nothing that they told me was true!! What exactly did I purchase this warranty for if it did not cover anything that the salesperson told me it covered!!!! This was not cheap furniture! And i took the salesperson at their word! This is a bad business practice and someone should put a stop to this. Its not right to lie to a customer to get them to purchase something and then everything the customer was told turns into a lie!!

Had an Experience with Value City Furniture?

Comments